I did not have a twitter account prior to attending CIS
265. Creating the account was not the
hard part, it is realizing everything that twitter has to offer that takes some
getting used to. So far I have learned how to download a photo for my account,
so people who choose to follow me will know who I am. I also learned how to search for people that
I too can follow. Now I am able to tweet, re-tweet, or reply to the tweets that the
people I follow post. I also learned that
if I have something to say to one of my friends that I may not want the public
to see, I can send it through a direct message.
If I feel like sharing some of my favorite videos twitter allows me to
do so by just posting the link of the video as a tweet.
As a student and in my future professional life, this can
help open up many connections for me. Twitter allows my information to be
available for many more people than any other social network. Realizing how
easy it is to connect with my classmates can help me improve as a student. If for any reason I missed something in class
I can contact any of my classmates and ask them for help. Twitter also allows
me access to people that can help me in my future, like a mentor that I can
follow. I can express my opinions about different
topics and get a constant flow of feedback from followers and their different opinions. This can help me to develop into a well-rounded
individual rather than be closed minded to the opinions of others. Twitter
allows me constant exposure to what is going on in the world and how people are
feeling about certain issues. I can see
why a variety of businesses, entrepreneurs, and music groups like using twitter
in order to improve their marketing and advertisements. It seems to me that twitter is one of the
fastest ways to spread information to the public rather than waiting to hear
about it on the 6 o’clock news.
No comments:
Post a Comment